Responsibilities-Click here for more information.
• Develop and edit content for communications materials, including but not limited to official publications (newsletters, annual reports, and brochures), reports, presentations, marketing videos, and the web.
• Collaborate with Communications Department staff on related projects
• Manage and produce website content in a timely manner.
• Determine proper writing style for each medium; select effective accompanying graphics such as photos and video footage.
• Contribute to the establishment of creative direction for projects by analyzing project objectives and providing creative recommendations which define the scope of the project.
• Manage communication projects from start to finish, developing and maintaining adequate controls and checklists for project scheduling and follow-ups, client presentation, reviews and approvals.
• Ensure that client marketing and communications needs are sharply defined and fulfilled.
• Continuously question every project to determine how it will help achieve organizational messaging and business objectives to maximize value.
• Perform other related duties as requested.
• Three plus years of related work experience.
• Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, Communications, Public Relations or related field.
• Strong Command of AP Style.
• Competent in editorial principles and techniques of communicating information.
• Strong editing, summary writing, and proofreading skills.
• Fluent in the English language, including grammar, structure, punctuation and spelling.
• Ability to work on highly technical material with strong attention to detail.
• Posses strong organizational and excellent interpersonal skills.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
• Able to work independently with minimal supervision, as well as in a team environment.
• Must have a strong sense of ownership over projects and tasks, be able to identify new opportunities, and have the initiative to pursue them.
• Knowledge of Adobe InDesign, Adobe Photoshop and layout experience a plus.
• Ability to travel to Field Offices overseas to conduct interviews and compose original piece of work a plus.
As-salamu Alaykum (peace be upon you), Dear Readers...
NEW for September 18, 2016:
This blog has MOVED to the Muslim Writers Club, a new website dedicated to all of your writing needs.
Here are some of the pages you will find on the new site:
Jobs and Internships for Muslim Writers – Check out the latest opportunities.
Freelance Markets for Muslim Writers – A list of magazines, newspapers, and websites that want to work with YOU, insha'Allah. Includes many paying markets.
Book Publishers of Interest to Muslim Writers – Have you written a book? Start your search for a publisher here.
Contests & Events for Muslim Writers - Competitions, courses, webinars, and more. Don't miss the fun!
Writing Activities for Muslim Children – Coming Soon!
Q&A Page - Get your questions about the art (and business) of writing answered.
Articles and Other Resources – Even more resources for Muslim writers.
Hope to see you at the new site, Insha'Allah!